Usually we bbq the lamb chops, but this recipe was a saver as all I wanted to do was to put the meal on the stove and let it cook until done.Â Nothing so special in making this dish, in fact if you are also looking for easy to prepare one maybe you can also try out?
I look for New Zealand or Australian lamb as their way of preparing the meat for consumption is similar to what we are used to in Turkey.Â Once you taste that, I am sure you will be able to tell the difference, too.
- 1/2 kg (approx 1 lb) lamb chops (or a rack of lamb, cut in pieces)
- 400 gr (slightly less than 1lb) tomato
- 400 gr (slightly less than 1lb) onion
- 250 gr (1/2 lb) mushrooms
- 200 gr (slightly less than 1/2 lb) green pepper
- 7 – 8 cloves of garlic
- 5 – 6 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dry oregano or 7 – 8 sprigs of fresh oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
Slice the onions, put in a shallow but large pan’s bottom.Â Arrange the lamp chops on top, making sure to be only one layer.Â Add the chopped green pepper, mushrooms and halved garlic cloves on top of the lamp chops, atop with skinned and cubed (or pureed) tomato.Â Add olive oil and spices.Â Let cook on very low heat, for about an hour.